My Story of Turbud 2019

Sunday, 17th March 2019.

It was our first day of turbud. We went to Bali. There are 2 sections of plane, the first flight and the second flight. The first flight flew with the Lion Air airline, and the second one used Air Asia (XI MIPA 1 got the first flight). At first, we thought it was unfair because they get free baggage for 15kg and we didn’t. the cabin sized luggage also in the ratio of 20 inch, while ours is 16 inch (meanwhile, they don’t really mean that. The 20 inch luggage could pass).

Because we got the first flight, we had to gather at the airport at 7am. Our flight was around 11am, and it stands for 1 hour 40 minutes. We had a great flight.

Tanah Lot

After we landed in Bali, we go straight to our bus, and meet our tour guide there. Their names are Bli Gus (tour guide from Bali) and Kang Ade (tour guide from the Wakatra Holiday, Bandung). Bli Gus sure jokes a lot hahahhaha.
Our first destination once we arrived is Tanah Lot. I bought a flower hair clip which turns out to be used in every single photo. It was a beautiful place, but it was super hot (obviously.) 



Jimbaran<3
After wondering around for an hour, we went to our second destination, Jimbaran. We arrived at dawn, and the view was so stuning. We had a candlelight dinner by the beach, there was about 5 loooong tables for SMAN3 group only. Fairylights were hanging above us, and it was beyond beautiful when the sun sets.


Unfortunately, the wind blew and carried big dark clouds. The heavy hanging clouds in the sky could hold it no more. Heavy rain poured, soaked us all. We were not much different from those fishes in the sea there.  The rain made much changes to the original plan. We were supposed to be eating outdoor by the beach, while watching a performance by the band. But it’s okay! I don’t regret coming there. Instead of moping about the unpredictable rain, we better be grateful because we got the chance to saw the incredible view of Jimbaran.


But we were wet, and hungry (I finished my meal, but many people didn’t), and tired. It was the time for us to go to our hotel.
My roommates were Dilla and Amelia. After we took a bath, we ordered pizza. After fully fulfilled, we went to bed at… around 2am(?) yeah. It was a tiring day.



Monday, 18th March 2019.



We had breakfast at the hotel, then went to explore Bali more. Our first stop is Tanjung Benoa, to water sport. Most of us didn’t want to played water sport, because they didn’t want to get wet. But not for me. I am ready to be soaking wet! (unlike yesterday). I played ‘the doughnut boat’ with Najla, Salsa, Zahrani, and Kinan.  I wanted to play a lot more back then, but stupid me, I forgot, yeah, like forgot to bring my wallet with me. I was positive that I brought my money (only) and my ATM card. Turns out to be I only brought my ATM card. Haha. No money. So I walked to look for ATM BCA, but THERE IS NONE HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Ok, it was my stupidity. I deserved to only played a doughnut.

While waiting for lunch, Mrs. Nenden bought us (XI Science 1) some ice cream. Mine was choco lava<3
We had lunch at the beach, and after that travel on. 



Pandawa
GWK
Next stop, the Pandawa Beach. Honestly, I think Pandawa is the most beautiful and clean beach in Bali. We had some free time there for about 1 ½ hours, and then we went to GWK, Garuda Wisnu Kencana. We took some pictures there, all 3'2020. We even used drone for it!

Devdan Theater



Our last agenda in day 2 was watching an incredible show about traditional dances and cultures in Indonesia, at the iconic Devdan Theater. IT WAS A GREAT SHOW, BUT I FELL ASLEEP IN THE MIDDLE OF IT WHAT THE….. I WAS TIREDDD. It was the most expensive sleep I've ever taken and I regret that sleep ever since.



Tuesday, 19th March 2019.

Tirta Empul Temple
Our third day, we went to Tirta Empul. Two hours later, we went to Kintamani. At 11 am, we had lunch at International Buffet. I think.. I took too much. BUT DON’T WORRY, I ATE THEM ALL WKWKKW.  At noon, we went to Traditional Penglipuran Village. We could really felt the tracditional aura (whatttt?!?!?!?) it’s truuueee. Sadly, the rain poured again and we’re stuck with that one house we chose.








La Boheme

At 3pm, we went back to the hotel to get ready for the big event, makrab. The bohemian dress code made everybody whiplash in the last 2 months to be honest hahahha. So everyone was really excited about this ‘main event’.  We watched a lot of performances, from Band3, TST, nominations of the year, fashion show (I was SO EMBARESSED!), the MP3 movie, and a poem about us 32020 which was written by Dilla (I’m PROUUUUDDD). The event ended at 12am, and I was so tired, I nearly slept at the performances.


As we arrived at the hotel, about 12.30 am, we took a bath. Amelia fell right asleep, but the night owls (me and Dilla) ordered McDonald’s for…….. breakfast(?) HAHAHAH IDK. Because it was late, I knew that I wouldn’t be able to wake up early and pack my stuff for the next day check out. So I pack that exact moment, and finally slept at 4am.


Wednesday, 20th March 2019.

Kuta Beach
Early in the morning, we had our last breakfast at the hotel. Luggages were packed, and room was clean. We were ready to check out. I was a bit sad, actually HAHHAHAHH. Our first destination is Kuta Beach. Man, I wish I could go surfing back then, but I the time wouldn’t let meL. I tried to find some temporary tattoos man but I couldn’t find any, it was too early. At 11am, we were instructed to go back to the bus, and went to Krisna, the souvenir store. I met a few of my friends from Aloysius, as they were on a vacation too. I was so happy. We had lunch at Krisna, and then go on to Bedugul Lake. 


Me, Bli Gus, and Pa Oman
Bedugul Lake

It was the point where we had to said good bye to Bli Gus. I was SO SAD.
From Bedugul, we finally had to head home. At 11pm we cross over the Sunda Strait with a ship for about 1 hour, and then continue our travel to Bandung.

Thursday, 21st March 2019.



Today is the road trip day. We woke up on the bus in the morning at the rest area. I was awake because my friends was noisy, they were going to took a bath there. WHAT? NOWAY! I’LL TAKE MY BATH AS SOON AS I ARRIVES! And we had breakfast there. as it was going noon, we stopped at Madura to shop, and then continue the trip, while passing through the Suramadu Bridge.




Gubeng








At 2 pm, we arrived at Gubeng Train Station. The train left at 4.30 pm, and I (pretty much) slept all the way to Bandung.








Friday, 22nd March 2019.






WE ARRIVED AT BANDUNG!!!! IT FELLS GOOD TO BE HOME! I was so happy. Thank you, turbud 2019. You’re the best.









p.s: I wanted to say thank you to all of the turbud committee, the school, the tour guides, the travel company, and everybody who sacrificed their time and give their efforts to this event. Thank you for making our dream come true. It was epic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog